Amber's Story

    



     I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 21. I decided to visit the gynecologist for the first time because I had always had very irregular periods. So after a very uncomfortable visit, along with blood work and discussion with the doctor, they determined that I had PCOS. They wanted me to go on birth control to help regulate my period. They also wanted me to also go on Metformin to help with my insulin resistance. I did that as well but that medicine made me sick and so I stopped taking it. I continue to visit my OB/GYN regularly and have thankfully not had any major health issues. I do struggle with weight loss and that is something that I am currently trying to work on. I have a wonderful doctor that has been very helpful in navigating this disease and I am also very hopeful that even with this disease I will one day be able to have children.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall's Story

Destiny's Story